Ethan Waldman interviews Michael Garofalo (@mgarofalo23), a former Tesla lead solar installer and 4 year van-lifer. Michael’s an expert in off-grid solar, and in this podcast Michael explains how to size your solar system yourself. Listen to the Tiny House Lifestyle Podcast.
In Ethan’s podcast you’ll learn:
- How to choose off grid batteries.
- How to avoid mistakes selecting solar system batteries.
- How to accommodate AC and DC appliances.
- How to plan your tiny house electrical system and avoid mistakes.
- The difference between MPPT and PWM charge controllers.
- How to do the solar system calculations in your head.
- Why you should plan your system based on how many winter sun hours.
Photo via Michael Garofalo’s Instagram.