Ethan Waldman recently interviewed Abel Zyl, the man who creates the unique handmade tiny homes from Zyl Vardos.
Abel Zyl handcrafts each fairytale-like whimsical tiny home. The quality of the woodwork in these homes is amazing and everything including the windows, doors, roof rafters are custom made.
Listen to this interview at TheTinyHouse.net. If you like podcasts list this be sure to Subscribe for Free to Ethan’s Tiny House Lifestyle Podcast. Image via TheTinyHouse.net.
Ethan Waldman recently interviewed Dee Williams. Dee is one of the pioneers of the modern tiny house movement. Her 12′ tiny house on wheels inspired thousands to downsize and go tiny. Listen to this week’s episode of the Tiny House Lifestyle Podcast with Ethan Waldman.
Photo via The Tiny House.
Ethan Waldman interviews Michael Garofalo (@mgarofalo23), a former Tesla lead solar installer and 4 year van-lifer. Michael’s an expert in off-grid solar, and in this podcast Michael explains how to size your solar system yourself. Listen to the Tiny House Lifestyle Podcast.
In Ethan’s podcast you’ll learn:
- How to choose off grid batteries.
- How to avoid mistakes selecting solar system batteries.
- How to accommodate AC and DC appliances.
- How to plan your tiny house electrical system and avoid mistakes.
- The difference between MPPT and PWM charge controllers.
- How to do the solar system calculations in your head.
- Why you should plan your system based on how many winter sun hours.
Photo via Michael Garofalo’s Instagram.
I recently had the opportunity to join Ethan Waldman from The Tiny House on his new podcast. We covered a lot in our 46 minute talk. The questions he asked me were:
- How long have you been designing tiny houses?
- How many tiny houses have you designed to date?
- How many houses have been built based on your plans?
- What’s your favorite tiny house you’ve designed?
- What inspired your anchor bay tiny house design?
- How do you estimate the gross weight and cost of your designs if they haven’t been built?
- How should a beginner get started designing a tiny house in SketchUp?
- Discussion on how tiny houses are attached to their trailers
- Is the tiny house movement a fad or is it sticking around?
To hear the full conversation you can listen to the podcast here: www.thetinyhouse.net/michael/
Ethan Waldman took his learnings from building his own tiny home and packed them into an ebook called Tiny House Decisions.
He also took some specific tips and put them into a short free downloadable Cheat Sheet where he shares the top cost saving tips.
I’m all for doing things on the cheap – and high quality doesn’t have to be expensive – although its hard to confuse the two sometimes. Ethan’s 3-page free ebook is living proof of that. Some of his suggestions are:
- Hire professionals when required
- DIY more yourself
- Recruit volunteers
- Salvage as much as possible
- Build only what you need
You can get his Cheat Sheet on Ethan’s website, TheTinyHouse.net.