Tiny house pioneer and Portland Alternative Dwellings (PAD) founder Dee Williams is leading a tiny house workshop in Portland, Oregon on May 14-15, 2016, covering all the technical design and construction details you need to build your tiny house on wheels in a supportive and fun setting. PAD tiny house workshops are packed with fun, heart, and tons of technical information, and always include site visits to tour real tiny homes on wheels at the Caravan Tiny House Hotel. Guest specialist instructors like tiny house designer and builder Derin Williams from Shelter Wise round out the curriculum and give participants multiple experienced views on tough tiny house design considerations.
The workshop covers:
- Tiny house building basics, including how to properly anchor a stick-built structure to a trailer.
- Tiny house building science, including moisture control, ventilation, heating, and cooling.
- Tiny house systems, including electrical, gas, and water systems.
- Case studies of tiny houses and pocket neighborhoods
- Cultivating home—the place and the people who make community.
- Navigating codes, insurance, and regulations.
Register by April 30 to save $25 with early bird registration, or save $50 per person if you register early with a friend.
Thanks to Billy for this guest post!