Buzzfeed distills lessons learned from tiny house design hacks to help any home use space better. Here are the first 10. See examples of all 31 design hacks at Buzzfeed.
- Keep your window-to-wall ratio high.
- Install floor to ceiling bookshelves.
- Use semi-opaque materials to allow light into windowless rooms.
- Create outdoor living space to add the feeling of square footage without the cost.
- Opt for fewer walls, more multipurpose rooms.
- Add a loft over your kitchen.
- Actually, add a loft anywhere.
- Utilize the space under the stairs.
- Install prefab windows to brighten old school architecture.
- Replace doors with sliding walls to let your space breathe.
See all 31 at Buzzfeed now. Original post by Morgan Shanahan at BuzzFeed. Image by Jenny Chang at BuzzFeed.