Jenna shares her top 10 list of things she wish she knew before going tiny. Here’s the cliff notes:
- You’ll be cleaning constantly. It’s easy to clean a tiny house, but it’s just as easy to mess it up.
- Composting toilets are a trick to learn. You also have to explain how to use them to guests.
- Making the bed in a loft is tough.
- Smells are intensified – the good and the bad, they are all intense.
- Tight space for guests. So it’s tricky to have a lot of people over socially and anyone overnight.
- No room to grow in size. You’re limited by the length of the tiny house trailer.
- No room to grow in weight. You’re limited by how much your trailer and tow vehicle can handle.
- Tiny closet space. Since there’s no more space, when you get something new, something else has to go.
- Parking & insurance are difficult to obtain. She has written about how to obtain parking and insurance here.
- Other people’s judgements.
You can read more at Jenna’s travel and tiny house experiences at Tiny House Giant Journey. Photo credit to Jenna.