Ethan Waldman interviews Michael Garofalo (@mgarofalo23), a former Tesla lead solar installer and 4 year van-lifer. Michael’s an expert in off-grid solar, and in this podcast Michael explains how to size your solar system yourself. Listen to the Tiny House Lifestyle Podcast.
In Ethan’s podcast you’ll learn:
- How to choose off grid batteries.
- How to avoid mistakes selecting solar system batteries.
- How to accommodate AC and DC appliances.
- How to plan your tiny house electrical system and avoid mistakes.
- The difference between MPPT and PWM charge controllers.
- How to do the solar system calculations in your head.
- Why you should plan your system based on how many winter sun hours.
Photo via Michael Garofalo’s Instagram.
I recently had the opportunity to join Ethan Waldman from The Tiny House on his new podcast. We covered a lot in our 46 minute talk. The questions he asked me were:
- How long have you been designing tiny houses?
- How many tiny houses have you designed to date?
- How many houses have been built based on your plans?
- What’s your favorite tiny house you’ve designed?
- What inspired your anchor bay tiny house design?
- How do you estimate the gross weight and cost of your designs if they haven’t been built?
- How should a beginner get started designing a tiny house in SketchUp?
- Discussion on how tiny houses are attached to their trailers
- Is the tiny house movement a fad or is it sticking around?
To hear the full conversation you can listen to the podcast here: www.thetinyhouse.net/michael/